Monday, December 12, 2011

New School for the boys

Monday was a BIG day for both the boys and for Mom and Dad! Daniel and Charlie both started at Primrose of Centennial today. It was sad for Daniel to leave all of our great friends and teachers at Primrose of Bear Creek, but with Chad's new job at Willbros, he now commutes to the Tech center instead of all the way to Lakewood. Taking Daniel across town for school was a 3 hour ordeal! We were lucky enough to get Daniel and Ana spots at Primrose Centennial. Charlie had moved to Most Precious Blood for Pre-K back in August, but after 4 months it was obvious he wasn't adjusting well. We contacted the Director and teachers at Primrose Centennial and talked to them about Charlie, Leukemia and some of his "special" needs. They agreed to make room for him in the Pre-K room with Miss Alicia and Miss Paige. So both boys had their first day of school together! Mom and Dad were a bit nervous about the transition. Miss Wendy, the Assistant director must have know this because she sent this cute email in the middle of the day. If the text is too small to read, here is what it says,
"Hi Mom & Dad!
     Charlie asked me to shoot you a quick e-mail since he was in the middle of a math rotation.  He’s learning about spheres, cubes and cones. Personally, the only kind of cone I care about is the ice-cream kind.  Anyway, he did ask me to let you know that he loves “jumping in the snow”.  While his class hasn’t gone outside yet, that is what he said when he was asked what his favorite thing about school was so far.
   My favorite thing so far is my new friend the frog.  He’s not much of a conversationalist and he won’t tell me his name, but he seems nice enough. While Percy has been my long time Primrose BFF, I figured that since I’m at a new school, it’s time to make some new friends and expand my social network. Which is also why I am going to start my own Facebook page.  Since no one’s caught on that I’m on the computer (you’d think it’d be obvious with me sitting at the front & even answering the phone…once), I might as well! I might even check out stocks on E-Trade or see if there’s any good frog collections on eBay.
Love, Daniel"

 

No comments: