Angela and I were feeling a little cooped up lately and were looking to get out this weekend. We decided it was time to make use of the kiddie backpack and take the kids for hike. We opted for something closer to home just in case disaster was looming and went to Red Rocks Park. It was a hike Charlie, Daniel and I had done before with Tyler and JP last summer. On that hike, I carried a small backpack and Daniel in the Baby Bjorn. In addition, for about the last quarter of that trip I carried Charlie on my shoulders. I must have looked like a Sherpa. I was hoping for better results this time around.
The hike started great. As you can see in the pictures, Ana was perfectly content in the baby backpack and the boys ran around. About half way through, Daniel pooped out and we made the switch to put him in the backpack while Angela carried Ana in the Baby Bjorn. Charlie was a trooper and made it almost to the end. He and Ang found a good stopping point near the end of the trail while Daniel and I finished and came back to pick them up in the car.
In the end, the trip had the desired results. We spent a great day outside as a family and the kids burned off lots of energy. You can’t beat that.
The other pics from the day are here:
![]() |
| Red Rocks Hike |

No comments:
Post a Comment