Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Charlie's Super(man) Chemo Day


Another Spinal Tap - Chemo day for Charlie! I look at this picture and I  can't believe how big he looks in the recovery room bed. We have it down to a pretty good routine at this point. Charlie gets his port accessed and then goes into the procedure room. Then Dad runs down to the cafeteria and picks up the pancakes. By the time he gets back up to the 7th floor, Charlie is in recovery and waking up... HUNGRY.  

We've noticed that the Methotrexate and Vincristine they give him on his monthly visits are impacting him the older he gets. He feels sick and tired much more quickly after his appointments then he used to. Or at least he can articulate his feelings more now that he is older. 

This is the beginning of cycle 10 of 12. Meaning he has 6 months left. Each cycle is three months. June is fast approaching and we are READY.

I noticed , looking back at pictures, that Charlie always wears a superman shirt on the lumbar puncture days. I think it is probably a function of the fact he owns nearly as many superman shirts as his uncle Brad, but hey, it is appropriate. We think he is pretty SUPER.

No comments: