I was not a cub scout, so I cannot say Charlie is a second generation boy scout. But Nana, Granddan, Brad and I spent nearly every summer I can remember at Boy Scout camp, or family camp, across the lake. I know how to make a good fire, cook on cast iron and do some awesome basket weaving from my time at camp Tamarac as an honorary boy scout. Later on I was involved in girl scouts and did some fun things like a two week trip to Colorado to hike and ride horses.
So tonight Charlie begins his journey in scouting, and so does Chad! Chad has agreed to help out the den mother this year when he can and as the boys get older hopefully we can both take a more active role in the troop 140. For now Charlie is learning "Do your Best!"

No comments:
Post a Comment