Monday, August 23, 2010

Flashes of Hope


Back in July Charlie took part in "Flashes of Hope," a free photo shoot for cancer patients. Here is a blurb from the website: http://www.flashesofhope.org/

"Flashes of Hope is a nonprofit organization that changes the way children with cancer and other life threatening illnesses see themselves through the gift of photography and raises money for pediatric cancer research.

The portraits, taken by award-winning photographers, help children feel better about their changing appearance by celebrating it. For families of terminally ill children, it's especially important to have a portrait that preserves forever the beauty, grace and dignity of their child."

Charlie really did not cooperate for the photographer. I had Daniel with us who was 2 weeks old at the time and I was VERY frazzled by my obnoxious 3 year old's behavior. Take a look at the pictures above and you will get a better idea of how it went. As my sister-in-law says, "It captures the moment." I think we may try and do another shoot after the first of the year when his treatment has slowed down to once a month and it is not so scary to go to the hospital.

I urge you to take a look at the website and make a donation. $25.00 funds an entire shoot, leather book and access to all of the photos for the participant.

No comments: