Thought I would take this opportunity to first thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts.
Today we went into Children's Hospital here in Denver for a follow up on Charlie's "Broken Ankle," and through routine blood work, found out that he actually has a rare but very treatable cancer called Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia or ALL for short.
ALL has a 85% curable rate for children with his factors, being under 10 years old and having a low white blood cell count (less than 50k), meaning we caught it pretty early.
Charlie is going to have a ton of tests over the next few days to further classify his type of leukemia for a tailored treatment. As soon as we know when things are going to happen we can start having limited visitors.
Chad and I are staying in the hospital with Charlie for probably the next week, with family and friends watching the house and providing support.
The doctors anticipate a three-year treatment process including chemo but are VERY optimistic.
I'll try to keep up with the blog as much as I can so folks can stay in the loop
We love you all and thank your for your continued prayers.
Chad and Angela
18 comments:
I will be praying for Charlie and for you and Chad too.
Ang,
My heart goes out to you, Chad, your mom and Charlie (and the rest of the family!
Bless his heart, it hurts ME to hear he's in pain and to hear all his little life is about to go thru.
We will continue to keep y'all in our prayers. If there's anything at all I can do for you, please let me know!
Love y'all!
Daphne
There's alot of people in your corner-please let us know what we can do for you!
Sonya
Angela,
Sending lots of prayers your way. My 11 y.o. had a liver transplant when he was 2 and we've traversed lots of "journeys" at Children's Hospital. He's one adorable kid - and we hope his journey is as optimal as possible and when he is 6 y'all are celebrating victory over this hand of cards you've been dealt. If there is anything we can do to help at CCCS or with the hospital or whatever - please ask.
Joe (CCCS) and Michelle Marquez
Angela-My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Charlie is an adorable little boy and I am sure he will have the loving hands of God taking care of him and your family.
Traci (CCA)
Angela,
Charlie is in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I know your little guy will get through this with flying colors! Pat Meade
Hi Angela,
My family and I will be praying for Charlie and all of your family.
Howard
We will be keeping all of you in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything at all for you.
Sending love from here too - Kathy and I were so sorry to hear this news. We will keep your darling in our thoughts and prayers for his absolute best and brilliant well-being.
Hello Angela.
I will pray for your family, and will add you to my church's list of prayer concerns. So every one on our prayer chain will be praying for your family too.
Linda Dailey
Ms. Hooper -
Although we have never met, I know only too well what you are going through and I am praying for all of you. My son was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on 06/03/08 and he also spent a week at Childrens Hospital. He is following the 3 yr treatment program too and he is doing great! If you would like to contact me, my email is arlene.alire@ppcc.edu
Take care and God Bless, Arlene Alire
God will give him the strength and he will over come this!
We all knew Charlie was special, he was predestined for "greatness". He will now be much more than a son or grandson, he will be a survivor, an advocate, a witness. Ang, God gives mother's a great strength to hold our little one's up during their times of trouble, you will make it through this. This week will be hard, but God is holding all of you in his arms. Chad, my prayer for you this week is that God will give you his patience, for as the father, you will want to protect Charlie from all the pain and fear. As you experience all the testing this week, your nerves and anger will be tried, but hold fast and love strong. Charlie has the two best parents beside him through this. We Love You!
We will be keeping Charlie in our prayers.
Angela,
I will keep your family in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything.
Kevin Callison
Dear Angie and Chad, the two of you plus your darling little guy are in our prayers. This is a tough time but I am thankful for the amazing medical advances available. I pray for swift and total healing for Charlie, and for blessed peace and comfort for you. Thank you for making this webpage and keeping us posted. Much love, Suzanne Liles and family
Angela,
I am praying for an extra measure of strength and courage for you and Chad and for healing for Charlie.
Warmly,
Kristin Corash
Angela,
Nick and I will be praying for Charlie's quick recovery and for strength for you and Chad. Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do to help. You are at a wonderful hospital.
Take care, Kathy K
Post a Comment